23 August 2011

My Summer Internship- Par 2

Posted by cedalessio under: Summer 2011 .

For my second blog post, I’m going to talk a little bit about everyday life as an intern in Washington and what I did in my spare time. Being an intern in Washington, especially during the summer, is a fantastic experience. Every summer, interns from all over the country, and all over the world, descend on Washington. This makes for a great opportunity to meet a bunch of new people, see the sights, and gain valuable work experience.

One of the first things I did after I officially accepted my internship was to begin searching for a place to stay. With so many interns looking for places to live, if you wait too long, it can be difficult to find a place. After considering a number of options, I decided that my best bet was to stay in a dorm at the Foggy Bottom campus of George Washington University. I really enjoyed living at Foggy Bottom. I lived directly across the street from the Foggy Bottom metro stop, which was conveniently located on the same line as the Capitol South stop, which I got off at each day for work. Additionally, Foggy Bottom is within walking distance of both Georgetown and Dupont Circle, two popular areas within Washington. Finally, as part of the summer housing program at George Washington, I was able to use the George Washington University gym for free.

But the best part about living at George Washington was that I was in a dorm with other interns from all over the country. I really enjoyed hanging out with the other interns. It was always easy to find things to do on the weekends, or go grab a quick bite to eat. In addition to meeting tons of new people in my dorm, I was also able to hang out with the many William and Mary students interning in Washington for the summer. With so many students living in the northern Virginia area, it is not surprising that there are many William and Mary students interning in Washington for the summer.

Summer Interns