25 August 2011

Conference Success

Posted by tedeatley18 under: Summer 2011 .

Hi all,

I wanted to update everyone on how the launch of Diabetes Local went earlier this month. Our website was showcased at a health conference by the publisher herself, Kathy Gold. It was very well received, and proved to be a great resource for non-computer savvy individuals.

On another note, I also wanted to give some updates on the work I was and still am collecting on the state of Tennessee. I was primarily collecting data on assisted living options, community help groups, and medical aid and assistance programs, prior to returning to school. I  had been fixing a spreadsheet that was given to me from the Wellmont health care system in Tennessee. However, I found my research was more effective and thorough when I started from scratch (much to my surprise). I had originally thought that using a base template with reference points would help, but I found that it had misconstrued information and lacked depth in every category.

After the conference our research team decided to regroup. I am working on (from scratch):

> Parks and Recreation (particularly the local parks, with all of the national parks in the area)

> Health clubs and gyms

> Pharmacies and local chain pharmacies, grocery stores, etc.

> Still in Tennessee

The website is off to a great start, but there is plenty of work to fill in the holes!

One Comment so far...

rebrooks Says:

27 August 2011 at 4:55 pm.

The website sounds like a fantastic resource and a wonderful success. You seem to have a great handle on how to collect and format research. Keep up the good work!

Summer Interns