1 September 2011

Summer Success

Posted by rebrooks under: Summer 2011 .

Hey there,

It goes without saying that my summer internship was incredible. In addition to learning new skills, I met bright people and networked with various groups. I had a productive summer and gained hands-on experience.

I was able to have a delightful lunch with the State Senator and the other intern. It was a great opportunity to offer and receive direct feedback about the internship overall. He seemed genuinely interested in our suggestions and political discourse. I am glad that I was able to find a local internship that aligns with my academic interests.

I enjoyed participating in political projects and contacting community partners for constructive goals, so working on the campaign throughout the summer gave me beneficial knowledge as an intern. I have worked on campaigns before, but this was a greater time commitment than my past experiences with politicians, so I developed a wider array of skills.

I am grateful to work in the office and participate in fundraising and promotional events. I plan to go into government-related fields, so this was a fitting opportunity for summer. Although my exact career plans are rather tentative as of now, this experience made a positive impact on my future.

The experience I gained this summer will be applicable to my classes at William and Mary this semester, and I look forward to the future.

One Comment so far...

cmdowns Says:

2 September 2011 at 2:22 am.

It is great that you got so much out of your internship. I have friends who spent their summer copying papers and getting coffee. I think it is more beneficial for both the employer and the intern if the student gets to do real, substantive work.

Summer Interns